Classic wisdom teaches us that learning and growth come from asking questions. With that in mind, we’ve created The 20 Must-Answer Questions for Peace of Mind. The bad news is that few investors can successfully answer yes to all, or even a majority of them the first time they see them. The good news is that with the support of a coach, you can find the answers to each and every one. The answers to these questions are critical for your success. As you read through them, we encourage you to be rigorously honest. To answer “yes,” it must be 100% “yes.” If you have any doubt about the question (or not sure what it means), then the answer is “no.” It will be our job to help you achieve a perfect score through our Wealth Coaching Program.
1. Have you discovered your True Purpose for Money, that which is more important
than money itself?
2. Are you invested in the Market?
3. Do you know how markets work?
4. Have you defined your Investment Philosophy?
5. Have you identified your personal risk tolerance?
6. Do you know how to measure diversification in your portfolio?
7. Do you consistently and predictably achieve market returns?
8. Have you measured the total amount of commissions and costs in your portfolio?
9. Do you know where you fall on the Markowitz Efficient Frontier?
10. When it comes to building your investment portfolio, do you know exactly what
you are doing and why?
11. Are you working with a financial coach versus a financial planner?
12. Do you have a customized lifelong game plan to guide all of your investing
and spending decisions?
13. Do you have an Investment Policy Statement?
14. Have you devised a clear-cut method for measuring the success or failure of
15. Do you fully understand the implications and applications of diversification
in your portfolio?
16. Do you have a system to measure portfolio volatility?
17. Are you aware of the incentives brokerage firms and the financial community
have when selling commission-based products?
18. Do you know the three warning signs that you are gambling and speculating with
your money versus prudently investing it?
19. Can you identify the cultural messages and personal mindsets about money that
destroy your peace of mind?
20. Are you ready to shift your personal experience of money and investing from a
scarcity mode to an abundance mode?